July 05, 2012

Expanded Tree Farm of Cubed Gunfight Velocities

What the staff is reading this week:

Alan: "I've been re-reading EXPANDED UNIVERSE by Robert Heinlein.  It's been very interesting to revisit stories that I last read when I was in my 20s.  Many of them seem very different, both in the context of the world as it is now and my life as it is now."

Cary: "I finished GOD SAVE THE QUEEN by Kate Locke, read THE FARM by Emily McKay, and I'm currently reading ELSEWHENS by Melanie Rawn."

Claud: "THE GRAND SOPHY by Georgette Heyer -- re-reading an old favorite; ROMAN HOMOSEXUALITY by Craig Arthur Williams -- amazing look at an utterly different way of organizing sexual attraction & identity; A TREE OF BONES by Gemma Files -- wonderful conclusion to the best Weird Western in years; LIGHTBREAKER by Mark Teppo; SEASONAL VELOCITIES by Ryka Aoki; NICCOLO RISING by Dorothy Dunnett ; IN THE CUBE by David Alexander Smith -- another re-read.

Jude: "I finished THE GHOST MAP by Steven Johnson and a cute 1914 book called BOHEMIAN SAN FRANCISCO by Clarence E. Edwords (it's a love letter to lost San Francisco restaurants), and now I'm reading THE LAST GUNFIGHT by Jeff Guinn, about the shootout at the O.K. Corral.  As a companion to THE LAST GUNFIGHT, I think I'll re-read TERRITORY by Emma Bull, which is the magical secret history behind the "regular" history."

No comments:

Post a Comment