* If you're in San Francisco, do not miss "GRAINS OF SAND: 25 Years of The Sandman", a retrospective at the Cartoon Art Museum! http://cartoonart.org/2013/09/coming-soon-the-sandman-25th-anniversary-exhibition/
* Unsurprisingly, Isaac Asimov's predictions for 2014 are pretty accurate: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/02/isaac-asimov-2014_n_4530785.html
* Your cat needs battle armor! Well, okay, _my_ cat needs battle armor: http://kotaku.com/no-cat-is-complete-without-a-set-of-leather-battle-armo-1497856186 Thanks to the many customers and friends who sent along this link, including Nate and Jordan.
* Overheard in the store: "Just because I play BioShock doesn't mean that I want to kill all Libertarians."
* A bit late for holiday black-tie events, but if in future you ever wish to awaken as Tie-thulu, best dressed of the elder gods, here are your instructions: https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1555456_715135781837738_1083841220_n.jpg
* Speaking of horrible things from beyond time and space, it's a Cthulken. Now with extraneous bacon! http://kotaku.com/the-last-thing-youll-ever-eat-1484336235
* Annnd, my last Lovecraft tribute for this newsletter. Because you always wanted to see CALL OF CTHULHU as illustrated by Dr. Seuss: http://knowyourmeme.com/search?context=images&q=tags%3A%28%22cthulhuseuss%22%29&sort=popular#.TpTfgN5Qj9Q Here is the artist's page: http://drfaustusau.deviantart.com/
* It's a gigantic Lego re-creation of Rivendell! Because of course it is. http://io9.com/this-gigantic-amazing-lego-recreation-of-rivendell-will-1482874743
* You definitely needed some absolutely horrifying porcelain figurines today: http://hyperallergic.com/97690/bloody-bloody-boudoir-ladies-turning-kitsch-ceramics-into-horror/