* Warner Brothers and J.K. Rowling have reached a deal to make more movies in the Harry Potter world, but without Harry: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-warner-bros-harry-potter-author-jk-rowlings-20130912,0,3404185.story
* Grains of Sand, a 25-year "Sandman" retrospective, is opening Oct. 5th at the Cartoon Art Museum! http://cartoonart.org/2013/09/coming-soon-the-sandman-25th-anniversary-exhibition/
* Overheard in the store:
"The man is sick; I like that in a person."
"…and, delivered with a paucity of pomposity!"
"The only problem with Steampunk is when you have to go to the bathroom."
"Totalitarian dictators absolutely love hyper-realistic, heroic art."
* Incredible, bejeweled skeletons of Christian martyrs, "The Catacomb Saints": http://sobadsogood.com/2013/09/09/heavenly-bodies-cult-treasures-and-spectacular-saints-from-the-catacombs-by-paul-koudounaris/
* How to get a time traveller to visit you: http://thedoghousediaries.com/5385
* Charles Stross on Feral SpamBooks of the Future: http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2013/10/polemic-how-readers-will-disco.html
* We're sorry to report the death of legend Frederik Pohl, who passed away September 2nd, 2013 at the age of 94. http://io9.com/rip-frederik-pohl-the-man-who-transformed-science-fict-1241405614