* Overheard in the store: "Mixing random liquids together does NOT count as Science."
"If the end result is tasty, then yes, it does!"
* Sometimes I really love the Internet. The White House has officially rejected a petition to build the Death Star:https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking and then the Empire responded: http://hypervocal.com/news/2013/star-wars-responds-death-star/
* Call for local writers! Can you write a short science fiction, fantasy, or horror play? San Francisco Theater Pub wants you! Details here: sftheaterpub.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/call-for-writers/
* Jim Hines, Mary Robinette Kowal, John Scalzi, Charles Stross & Patrick Rothfuss do something awesome for charity (& to show how sexist book covers can be): http://www.jimchines.com/2013/01/group-cover-pose-reveal/
* Marvelous video on why the Moon landing couldn't have been faked: http://gizmodo.com/5977205/why-the-moon-landings-could-have-never-ever-been-faked-the-definitive-proof?utm_source=gizmodo.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation
* Artist Dan Bransfield sketched this patron at Borderlands Cafe: http://danbran.com/2013/01/13/borderlands-cafe/
* Happy 5th Anniversary, io9.com ! Also, Annalee Newitz explains what an io9 IS: http://io9.com/5977774/what-is-an-io9-and-where-did-it-come-from
* Don't miss Naked Dudes Reading Lovecraft at Stage Werks Theatre 2/13 @ 8 pm! Cost is $20. (I'm thinking this one is 18+.) http://www.stagewerx.org/shows.html#dudes
* Pssssst! Hey, you there. . .wanna buy a castle? http://www.businessinsider.com/castle-homes-for-sale-2013-1?op=1