* Borderlands Cafe is hosting a class through University of the Commons on SF Short Stories starting January 7th. For more details see http://www.meetup.com/uotcsf/events/92794082/ .
* Saturday, January 26th at 9:00 pm, you can watch the 1922 silent movie "Nosferatu" at stunning Grace Cathedral, accompanied by Dorothy Papadakos on the great Aeolian-Skinner organ. Tickets are $20, $10 for students and seniors. http://www.cityboxoffice.com/orderticketsarea.asp?p=6175&a=5452&backurl=%2Feventperformances.asp%3Fevt%3D1771%26SearchMonth%3D%26monthsubmit%3D%26SearchText%3D%26Go.x%3D%26Go.y%3D%26pg%3D%26spg%3D1%26c%3D
* Watch A MEMORY OF LIGHT being printed step by step! Thanks, Irene Gallo and Tor.com for bringing this to our attention. http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/12/a-memory-of-light-being-printed-step-by-step
* The NY Times' Bestseller List has Max Brooks' ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE listed under "Paperback Nonfiction". (It is currently #9 on the list.) Worried yet? http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2013-01-13/paperback-nonfiction/list.html
* 27 Science Fictions That Became Science Fact last year: http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/27-science-fictions-that-became-science-facts-in-2
* We have an unusual job opening at Borderlands Cafe. It's not glamorous, but it would be great for a local high schooler or a nearby person with a flexible schedule. The hours would be 7 pm - 9 pm, Monday - Friday, and the job would include cleaning, busing tables, and doing the closedown work at the Cafe. Considering how short the hours are, the person really should live quite close to the cafe. Pay is SF minimum wage, but you get to work with a great group of people and you get a discount at the bookstore! Email email@example.com for more information before sending a resume.