* Borderlands is featured in this article from "The Bold Italic" along with lots of other great independent San Francisco bookstores: http://www.thebolditalic.com/Actavier42/stories/2201-book-ends
* The 2012 World Fantasy Award Nominees have been announced! Congratulations and good luck to all the nominees. http://www.wfc2012.org/pr-wfawards01.html
* Random House has confirmed that both the trade paperbacks & mass markets of George R.R. Martin's A DANCE WITH DRAGONS come out 3/26/13, rather than 8/28/12 as announced. The reason for the delay is unknown.
* We extend congratulations to all of the 2012 Hugo Award winners, many of whom we consider our friends, but most notably to our long-time friend and constant supporter of the store, John Picacio, who won the Hugo for Best Professional Artist. Alan met John at the World Fantasy Convention in 1999 when he was just getting started and it is with great pleasure that we congratulate him on this most recent milestone in his career.
The Awards were presented at ChiCon September 2nd, 2012. For a complete list of the winners, click here: http://www.thehugoawards.org/hugo-history/2012-hugo-awards/
* There's a site where you can see a 360 degree panorama from Mars rover Curiosity! http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/curiosity-first-color-360.html
* Library Journal is hosting a webcast panel on forthcoming science fiction titles on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Time, featuring Norman L. Rubenstein, Managing Editor, JournalStone Publishing; Jeremy Lassen, Editor in Chief, Night Shade Books; Elizabeth Fabian, Associate director, Random House and Kelly Coyle Crivelli, Library Marketing Manager, Random House. The panel will be moderated by Library Journal's Fiction Editor Wilda Williams. You can sign up here: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid=511272&sessionid=1&key=E8880935A9E0654BA78097E95424C027&partnerref=ljemailscifi09182012&sourcepage=register
* We're very sorry to report the death of astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, at the age of 82: http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/25/13478643-astronaut-neil-armstrong-first-man-to-walk-on-moon-dies-at-age-82?chromedomain=usnews